Clinical Research Coordinator – 28 hours per week - (3084659)
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Community Access Recruitment, and Engagement Research Center (CARE) seeks a Clinical Research Coordinator to support several ongoing clinical research projects as well as future projects focused on accrual rates to clinical trials. The Clinical Research Coordinator will serve a primary role on clinical research studies. This role will involve work with both qualitative and quantitative research design and analysis, and will be responsible for data collection, scheduling, and study documentation, as well as preparing reports and performing administrative tasks as needed.
The Clinical Research Coordinator will also have 8 hour dedicated to support the functioning of the MGH Chelsea Community Research Program and work directly with a multi-disciplinary leadership team. S/he/they will facilitate the administration of the research program by attending and participating in regular leadership team meetings, providing logistical support for community research meetings, which includes a monthly research roundtable and an annual community research day.
S/he should be a self-starter with excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills with a strong attention to detail. Ability to work well as a member of a team, and interface with individuals across a wide range of disciplines and life experiences is important. This position is contingent on research funding.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects & organizes patient data
- Maintains records and databases
- Uses software programs to generate graphs and reports
- Obtains patient study data from medical records, physicians, etc.
- Administers and scores questionnaires
- Assists with study regulatory submissions
- Writes consent forms
- Verifies subject inclusion/exclusion criteria
- Performs administrative support duties as required
- Maintain research data, patient fields, regulatory binders and study databases
- Perform data analysis and QA/QC data checks
- Organize and interpret data
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies
- Evaluate study questionnaires
- Contribute to protocol recommendations
- May assist PI to prepare complete study reports
- Perform administrative duties such as ordering supplies
- Attend regular leadership team meetings.
- Provide logistical support for meetings and events, which include a monthly research roundtable and an annual community research day.
- Assist in organizing project related files and documents.
- Facilitate communication with collaborating partners (e.g. researchers and staff) within MGH, Partners Health System, Harvard University, community-based organizations, and other health centers and systems.
- Assist in preparation of surveys, abstracts, manuscripts, and presentations.
- All other duties as assigned
- Careful attention to details and good organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Working knowledge of clinical research protocols
- Ability to demonstrate respect and professionalism for subjects’ rights and individual needs
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well as a member of a team, and interface with individuals across a wide range of disciplines and life experiences
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Analytical skills and ability to resolve technical problems
- Ability to interpret acceptability of data results
- Language fluency in Spanish, French/ Haitian Creole, Mandarin, or Portuguese
- Experience using R, SPSS or Python platforms
- Demonstrated passion and dedication to health disparities, medicine/public health
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- New graduates with some relevant course/project work or those without any prior research experience will be considered for the Clinical Research Coordinator position outlined above.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Primary Location: MA-Boston-101 Merrimac - MGH
Work Locations: 101 Merrimac - MGH 101 Merrimac Street Boston 02114
Organization: Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
Schedule: Part-time Standard Hours: 28
Shift: Day Job
Posted Shift Description: Job schedule is flexible based on availability. This position will be required to serve 24 hours in the CARE Research Center offices and 4 hours at the MGH Chelsea HealthCare Center.
Employee Status: Regular
Recruiting Department: MGH Clinical Research Program
Job Posting: Jan 30, 2019