Museum Pass Information
- Boston Children’s Museum: Admission is half price per person, up to 4 people. Pass may be discarded after presented to museum. Museum is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- DCR Parks Pass: hang tag – Free parking for 1 vehicle at state park facilities that charge a parking fee; pass must be returned within 2 days.
- Harbor Islands Pass: Two for one ferry passes, each valid for up to four people; available seasonally on weekdays only. Note: To use this pass you must make a reservation. Please call the Boston Harbor Cruises at 617-227-4321. Pass may be discarded after presented to museum.
- Museum of Fine Arts: Discounted pass; $10 per person, will admit up to 2 people to general admission. Pass may be discarded after presented to museum. Closed Jan. 1, Patriots Day, July 4, Thanksgiving, Dec. 25
- Museum of Science: Discounted pass; will admit up to 4 people at $10.00 admission. Pass may be discarded after presented to museum. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- New England Aquarium: Discounted pass; will admit up to 4 people at $10.00 admission. Available from Sept. 21-June 30. Pass may be discarded after presented to museum. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- U.S.S. Constitution Museum: Free admission for up to 9 people. Pass must be returned within 2 days. Closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas and Mondays until Sept 30.
- Zoo New England (Stone Zoo & Franklin Park Zoo): Discounted pass, $9 per adult and $6 per child up to 6 people. Note: prices on some older passes may be different than what is listed here; the price on a pass is accurate for that pass. Pass may be discarded after presented to museum. Both zoos are closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Who may reserve museum passes?
Adults and teens who have valid, full-service Metro Boston Library Network library cards may reserve museum passes. A valid card is one that has less than $10.00 in current fines. eCards and courtesy cards cannot be used to reserve museum passes. Only one pass may be picked up per family per day.
How do I reserve a museum pass?
Passes may be booked online via our website here. Passes should be booked in advance as there are limited numbers and many museums only offer 1 pass per scheduled day. Passes also may be booked in person, or by phone by calling (617) 466-4350, up to 60 days in advance. You must have your library card number to reserve over the phone. Passes must be picked up by 10am the day of the pass or it will be forfeited.
When and how must I return a pass after use?
Disposable passes do not need to be returned. Returnable passes must be returned to the same location where they were picked up, and they must be returned before 12 noon on the next day that the library is open. Passes may not be left in overnight book drops, so please check the hours of the location to make sure you return the pass while we are open. Returnable passes are assessed a late fee of $5 per day and a replacement fee of $25.00.
Some museum passes are provided through the generosity of the Friends of the Chelsea Public Library.